Access this feature from: Maintenance
The Maintenance option in Avast Cleanup Premium performs a comprehensive scan of your system, which detects broken or redundant items in the system as well as tracking data. During a Maintenance scan, Avast Cleanup Premium checks for the following issues:
- Broken registry items: links in your system's registry which may be redundant or broken.
- Broken shortcuts: leftover shortcuts from uninstalled programs that take up unnecessary space on your PC.
- System junk: unnecessary files (such as driver packages, temporary files, and log files) that may be taking up space and slowing down your PC.
- Browser cache: a temporary storage location on your computer that holds downloaded files (for example, picture files stored from websites).
- Tracking & other cookies: small data files that record information about which websites you visit.
- Browsing & download history: the history of visited websites and downloaded files from your browser (this task only removes the list of files and does not delete any files saved to your PC).
A tick mark next to a category indicates that it is selected for cleaning. Click the relevant box to select or deselect a category. Click a category's panel to view details and select which items within the category are cleaned.
Click Fix & Clean to start the clean. If prompted, click Continue to allow Avast Cleanup Premium to close any open browsers and continue the cleaning process. Click Done to return to the main Avast Cleanup Premium screen.