To configure TP-LINK wireless router:
- From the Wi-Fi Inspector results screen, select Go to your router settings to open the administration page of your TP-LINK router.
- Enter your router username and password, or contact the party who provided the router (e.g., your ISP).
- Go to
Wireless (2.4GHz/5GHz) ▸ Wireless Security.
- or -
Advanced ▸ Wireless (2.4GHz/5GHz) ▸ Wireless Security.
- or -
Wireless ▸ Wireless Settings ▸ Enable Wireless Security.
Wireless Securityselect WPA/WPA2-Personal.
- or -
Security Type ▸ WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK.
Version, or Security Option, select WPA2-PSK.
Encryptionselect AES, if available.
- In the
PSK/Wireless Password, or the PSK Passphrasefield, create a password to encrypt your WiFi network. If forgotten, you must change it here again.
- Confirm your changes by selecting
Saveand reboot your router if necessary.
- Repeat steps 3. - 8. for both
Wireless 2.4GHzand Wireless 5GHzsettings on dual-band routers.
To configure wireless network devices:
- Go to wireless settings for each of your devices connected to the router and view wireless networks within range.
- From the list of available wireless networks select the name (SSID) of your wireless network.
- When asked, enter the Wireless password (or Passphrase, Network/Pre-shared key, etc.) you specified for WPA2 encryption of your wireless router.
- If needed, confirm, to establish a wireless connection between your router and the device.
Due to the wide range of different router types by TP-LINK, and other network devices, we offer general instructions for frequently used models. For exact instructions please consult documentation for your router model, or network device, or contact TP-LINK for further assistance.