To configure a wireless router:
- From the Wi-Fi Inspector results screen, select Go to your router settings to open the administration page of your router.
- Enter your router username and password, or contact the party who provided the router (e.g., your ISP).
- Find the
Wireless settingssection (or WiFi settings/setup, etc.).
- Find the
Security modesettings and select WPA2-Personal(or WPA2-PSK).
Encryption(or Cipher Type) select AES, if available.
- Find the field to create a Wireless password (or
Passphrase, Network/Pre-shared key, etc.) to encrypt your WiFi network. If forgotten, you must change it here again.
- Confirm your changes (select
Save settings, Update, OK, etc.), and reboot your router if necessary.
- Repeat steps 3. - 7. for both 2.4 GHz (B/G) and 5 GHz (A) settings on dual-band routers.
To configure wireless network devices:
- Go to wireless settings for each of your devices connected to the router and view wireless networks within range.
- From the list of available wireless networks select the name (SSID) of your wireless network.
- When asked, enter the Wireless password (or Passphrase, Network/Pre-shared key, etc.) you specified for WPA2 encryption of your wireless router.
- If needed, confirm, to establish a wireless connection between your router and the device.
Due to the wide range of different router types and other network devices, we offer vendor-specific instructions for frequently used routers or general instructions for all other routers. For exact instructions please consult documentation for your router model or network device, or contact its manufacturer for further assistance.