To configure D-Link wireless router:
- From the Wi-Fi Inspector results screen, select Go to your router settings to open the administration page of your D-Link router.
- Enter your router username and password, or contact the party who provided the router (e.g., your ISP).
- Go to
Setup ▸ Wireless Settings▸ select Manual Wireless Network Setup.
- or -
Setup ▸ Wireless Connection▸ select Manual Wireless Connection Setup.
Wireless Security Modeselect WPA2-Personalencryption, or Enable WPA2 Wireless Security (enhanced)(for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz settings on dual-band routers).
WPA Modeselect WPA2 Only(for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz settings on dual-band routers).
- or -
WPA2 Personal / Enterprise (PSK / EAP)select Personal (PSK)(for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz settings on dual-band routers).
WPA2 Cipher Typeselect AES, if available (for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz settings on dual-band routers).
- In the
Pre-Shared/Network Keyfield, or the Phassphrasefield, create a wireless password to encrypt your WiFi network (for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz settings on dual-band routers). If forgotten, you must change it here again.
- Confirm your changes by selecting
Save settingsand reboot your router if necessary.
To configure wireless network devices:
- Go to wireless settings for each of your devices connected to the router and view wireless networks within range.
- From the list of available wireless networks select the name (SSID) of your wireless network.
- When asked, enter the Wireless password (or Passphrase, Network/Pre-shared key, etc.) you specified for WPA2 encryption of your wireless router.
- If needed, confirm, to establish a wireless connection between your router and the device.
Due to the wide range of different router types by D-Link, and other network devices, we offer general instructions for frequently used models. For exact instructions please consult documentation for your router model, or network device, or contact D-Link for further assistance.