Do Not Disturb Mode
Access this feature from: Performance ▸ Do Not Disturb Mode
Do Not Disturb Mode improves the performance of your PC while you run applications in fullscreen by adjusting system settings and disabling unnecessary apps from running in the background. Each time you run a game or app in fullscreen, Do Not Disturb Mode automatically detects it and adds it to a list of entries. When you run apps from this list of entries, Do Not Disturb Mode automatically launches.
Do Not Disturb Mode is enabled by default.
Note: Do Not Disturb Mode is supported on Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, and Windows 7.
Manually add entries
If Do Not Disturb Mode does not detect an app automatically, you can manually add it to the Do Not Disturb Mode list.
To manually add an app:
- Click Add a new app.
- Select an app from the list, or click Select app path and navigate to the app location.
- Click Open to confirm the addition of your selected app.
- Click Close to return to the Do Not Disturb Mode screen.
Your apps now appear as panels on the Do Not Disturb Mode screen.
Edit app entries
From the panel for any individual app on the Do Not Disturb Mode screen, you can perform the following actions:
- Disable Do Not Disturb Mode: click the ON slider, so that it changes to OFF if you do not want Do Not Disturb Mode to launch automatically when the app is run.
…to edit the following settings for an individual app:
- Launch: launches the app and enables Do Not Disturb Mode automatically.
- Rename: enables you to change the app name that appears in the Do Not Disturb Mode list. Type the new name in the text box and click Rename to confirm.
- Remove: deletes the app from the Do Not Disturb Mode app list. Click Yes, Remove it to confirm.
- Maximize Performance: tick the box next to Maximize performance to give this app high priority when it runs in fullscreen.
Manage Do Not Disturb Mode settings
Do Not Disturb Mode settings allow you to specify how Do Not Disturb Mode optimizes your system's performance while you run fullscreen applications. Click the gear icon in the top-right corner to access settings.
- Silence notifications from 3rd-party apps: blocks all alerts from 3rd-party apps while running your chosen apps fullscreen.
- Don't block notification from these apps: allows you to specify applications you never want to silence, even if you're running applications in fullscreen.
- Silence Avast notifications: silences all Avast pop-ups, warnings, and scheduled scans while running apps in fullscreen.
- Pause Windows Updates: Stops Windows Updates from slowing you down while you play a game or run an app in fullscreen.
- Automatically add new apps: adds any app running in fullscreen to your Do Not Disturb Mode list automatically.
To return to the main Do Not Disturb Mode screen, click the
X icon in the top-left corner.
To add an application directly to the Do Not Disturb Mode list, go to Performance ▸ Do Not Disturb Mode and click Add a new app. Read more...