Access this feature from: Protection ▸ Scans ▸ Run Smart Scan
When you initiate a Smart Scan, Avast scans your PC for the following issue types, then advises you of the findings:
- Viruses: files containing malicious code which may impact the security and performance of your PC.
- Vulnerable software: out-of-date software which hackers can use to access your system.
- Bad browser add-ons: browser extensions that are usually installed without your knowledge and affect the performance of your system.
- Network threats: vulnerabilities in your network that may lead to attacks on your router and network devices.
- Performance issues: items such as junk files and unnecessary apps, or settings issues that may interfere with the operation of your PC.
- Weak passwords: passwords that are easy to decipher, used to access more than one of your online accounts, or compromised.
Note: Certain Smart Scan detections may require a separate license to resolve. You can disable unwanted detections in Smart Scan settings.
Resolve scan results
A green tick beside any of the scanned areas indicates that no related issues were found. A red exclamation mark indicates that one or more related issues were found.
To see specific details about detected issues, click Resolve All. Smart Scan displays details and gives you the option to resolve each issue immediately by clicking Fix or later by clicking Skip This Step. If Smart Scan detects a virus, use the drop-down menu next to the detection and select an action, then click Fix. Read more...
Note: Antivirus scan logs are available from your Scan history which you can access from Protection ▸ Scans.
Manage Smart Scan settings
To modify your Smart Scan settings, go to ☰ Menu ▸ Settings ▸ General ▸ Smart Scan and indicate which of the following issue types you want Smart Scan to scan for:
- Outdated software
- Browser add-ons
- Network threats
- Compatibility issues
- Weak passwords
- Sensitive data
All issue types are enabled by default. To disable an issue type, click the relevant ON slider so that it changes to OFF.
Click Customize next to Scan for viruses to modify the scan parameters. Read more...