Manage these settings from: Settings ▸ Subscription
Note: Alternatively, you can right-click on the Avast icon in the system tray and select Subscription information to open the Subscription screen.
Activate your protection
If Avast Antivirus is already installed, you can activate your license directly on the same PC during purchase in the Avast Store by clicking Activate license.
You can also activate your program manually with an activation code or a license file which you receive in the confirmation email after your Avast purchase. Follow the relevant steps below to manually activate your program according to the activation method:
- An activation code (for Avast Antivirus, Passwords, and SecureLine VPN):
- Under the heading Subscription, click Insert activation code.
- Type the activation code sent to you by email into the text box and click Activate.
- A license file (for older versions of Avast Antivirus and SecureLine VPN):
- Under the heading Subscription, click Insert license file.
- Locate the license file that you received in the confirmation email when you purchased your product, and click Open to confirm activation.
Avast Antivirus automatically recognizes that the inserted license is for Avast Antivirus, Passwords, or SecureLine VPN. Scroll to the section related to the product you just activated to ensure the text Active appears next to Subscription status, then check the expiration date of your license.
Register your Avast Free Antivirus
Avast Free Antivirus can be used free of charge for home and non-commercial use. It is no longer necessary to register your Avast Free Antivirus as your initial free license automatically activates after installation. When your free license expires, you can let the program automatically renew itself. Alternatively, you can manually activate your 1-year free license by following these steps:
- Under the heading Antivirus, click Renew now next to Avast Free Antivirus.
- Click Select in the Avast Free Antivirus column.
- Click the X icon to return to the main Avast Free Antivirus screen.
Return to Settings ▸ Subscription to ensure the text Active appears next to Subscription status under Avast Free Antivirus, then check the expiration date of your license.
Get a copy of your license
Manage automatic renewal
If you activated the auto-renewal service, your subscription is renewed when your current license is due to expire. You are notified in advance via email.
You can manage the auto-renewal option for your order either by contacting Avast Customer Support directly, or by following the instructions in the related article according to the license distributor:
If Avast does not accept your license:
- Use our webform or your Avast Account to resend your license to the e-mail address used for your purchase, then insert the license into the program again. Read more...
- If the license insertion fails, uninstall Avast Antivirus using the Avast Uninstall Utility and restart your PC.
- Download and install the Avast Antivirus product version related to your purchased license.
- Return to Settings ▸ Subscription in Avast Antivirus, and activate the license.