Software Updater - Settings
Manage these settings from: ☰ Menu ▸ Settings ▸ Components ▸ Software Updater ▸ Customize
The Software Updater Settings screen allows you to enable or disable Software Updater, displays a list of settings that you can customize depending on your version of Avast Antivirus, and gives you the option to reset the Software Updater database.
Tick the box next to Enable Software Updater to keep your third party applications up to date. This option enables you to manage further settings. After making any changes, click OK.
You can customize the following options:
- Allow update of system-wide products for administrators only: tick to only authorize administrators to update system-wide products via Software Updater. System-wide products are third party applications that are available for all users (or accounts) that use the same PC. In most cases, administrator privileges are needed to install, remove or modify these products. Unticking this option enables non-admin users (secondary accounts logged in to your PC) to also update these applications using Software Updater. This option is disabled by default.
- Automatically download updates if possible (paid versions of Avast Antivirus only): tick to allow Software Updater to automatically download available updates for your third party software to save your time. Because automatic downloads happen when system is idle, the impact on your online activity is minimized. This option is enabled by default.
- Automatically update if possible (Avast Ultimate and Avast Premier only): tick to allow Software Updater to automatically install downloaded updates for your third party software. Automatic installations happen in the background and no action is required from you. This option requires you to firstly enable the Automatically download updates if possible option above. You can also perform the same action by going to the Protection ▸ Software Updater screen and clicking Automatic updates. This option is disabled by default.
- Notifications (popups) enabled: tick if you want to be notified when a software update is available or when an update is completed. This option is enabled by default.
Database reset (troubleshooting): click the down arrow to expand this panel, then click Reset database now to reset the database when:
- The Software Updater shows invalid data, for example, an incorrect application version.
- An application installation error occurs.