To configure NETGEAR wireless router:
- From the Wi-Fi Inspector results screen, select Go to your router settings to open the administration page of your NETGEAR router.
- Enter your router username and password, or contact the party who provided the router (e.g., your ISP).
- Go to
Basic ▸ Wireless.
- or -
Advanced ▸ Setup ▸ Wireless Setup.
- or -
Setup ▸ Wireless settings.
Security optionsselect WPA2-PSK [AES](for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz settings on dual-band routers).
- or -
Security mode/configrationselect WPA2-PSK, and then for Cipher Typeselect AES, if available (for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz settings on dual-band routers).
- In the
Passphrasefield, create a wireless password to encrypt your WiFi network (for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz settings on dual-band routers). If forgotten, you must change it here again.
- Confirm your changes by selecting
Applyand reboot your router if necessary.
To configure wireless network devices:
- Go to wireless settings for each of your devices connected to the router and view wireless networks within range.
- From the list of available wireless networks select the name (SSID) of your wireless network.
- When asked, enter the Wireless password (or Passphrase, Network/Pre-shared key, etc.) you specified for WPA2 encryption of your wireless router.
- If needed, confirm, to establish a wireless connection between your router and the device.
Due to the wide range of different router types by NETGEAR, and other network devices, we offer general instructions for frequently used models. For exact instructions please consult documentation for your router model, or network device, or contact NETGEAR for further assistance.