Subscription & Registration
View this section from: Menu ▸ Settings (gear icon) ▸ Subscription / Registration
Paid editions - Licensing
Avast Pro Antivirus, Avast Internet Security, and Avast Premier can be downloaded and used free of charge for a 30-day trial period. After the trial period, you must purchase a license to continue program service.
Avast premium products, such as SecureLine VPN, Cleanup, and Passwords Premium, also require a paid license.
Licenses can be purchased for single or multiple computers, and for 1, 2, or 3 years.
You can purchase a license from the Store section in Avast, or at the official website www.avast.com.
Activating your protection
After purchasing a license to renew or upgrade protection, you must activate the subscription on each computer covered by the license.
- Automatic activation - Directly after purchase in the Avast Store click Activate license to use the license on the same computer, if Avast Antivirus is already installed.
- Manual activation with activation code - If you haven't activated the product during purchase you will need to insert an activation code manually. Read more...
Note: If you manually activate Avast Antivirus or an Avast premium product using an activation code, be sure to enter the code into the correct product's field.
- Manual activation with license file - You can also use a valid license file for older versions of Avast Antivirus, available from your Avast Account or the Avast license center.
Save the license to your computer, open Settings ▸ Subscription, and click Insert license file. Then select the saved file in the window which appears.
If Avast does not accept your license, follow the steps below:
- Use our webform to resend your license to the e-mail address used for your purchase and try to insert the license into the program.
- If the license insertion fails, uninstall Avast using the Avast Uninstall Utility and restart your computer.
- Download and install the appropriate product version of Avast related to the purchased license.
- Once again try to insert the license into Avast.
Get a copy of purchased license
If you did not receive your purchased license, you can request it via our webform with the e-mail address you used during purchase.
If you have activated the Ongoing Protection Service (Auto-Renewal), your subscription is renewed automatically when your current license is due to expire. You are notified in advance via email.
You can manage the auto-renewal option for your order either by contacting Avast online customer support directly, or by following the instructions in these articles:
Free edition - Registration
Avast Free Antivirus can be used free of charge for home and non-commercial use. Registration of the latest version of Avast Free Antivirus is no longer necessary, and you can begin using the product immediately.Notes: