Access this feature from: Protection ▸ Virus Scans ▸ Run Smart Scan
When you initiate a Smart Scan, Avast scans your PC for the following issue types, then allows you to manage any issues found:
- Viruses: files containing malicious code, which may impact the security and performance of your PC.
- Vulnerable software: out-of-date software that hackers can use to access your system.
- Bad browser add-ons: browser extensions that are usually installed without your knowledge and affect the performance of your system.
- Network issues: vulnerabilities in your network, which may lead to attacks on your router and network devices.
- Performance issues: items such as junk files and unnecessary apps, or settings issues that may interfere with the operation of your PC.
- Weak passwords: passwords that are easy to decipher, used to access more than one of your online accounts, or compromised.
Note: certain Smart Scan detections may require a separate paid subscription to resolve.
Resolve scan results
A green tick beside any of the scanned areas indicates that no related issues were found. A red exclamation mark indicates that one or more related issues were found. Click Resolve all to review specific issues within each area marked red. Resolve individual issues by following the on-screen instructions from the relevant results screen. Alternatively, ignore all issues displayed on a particular results screen by clicking Skip or Skip This Step. Once you have skipped or resolved all detected issues, click Done to return to the Status screen