Access this feature from: Protection ▸ Rescue Disk
If you suspect your PC is infected with malware and all other Antivirus scans (including the Boot-time scan) were unable to resolve the issue, you can use Rescue Disk.
Rescue Disk enables you to scan your PC when your system is not running. This method significantly increases your chances of detecting and removing malware because the malware is unable to counteract.
Create a rescue pack on a USB drive
To create Rescue Disk on a USB drive:
- Insert a blank USB drive with at least 500 MB of free space into your PC.
- Click Create USB, then select the drive letter corresponding to your USB drive.
- When Rescue Disk has finished loading, remove your USB drive.
Create a rescue pack on a CD
To create Rescue Disk on a CD:
- Click Create CD.
- Enter a name and select a location to save the CD. A progress screen is visible as your Rescue Disk is created.
- Click OK. The ISO file is saved to your computer and ready to burn onto a CD.
- Burn the ISO image to a blank, recordable CD.
Restore your PC using Rescue Disk
To restore a PC using Rescue Disk, follow these steps:
- Turn off the PC you want to restore, and insert your USB or CD containing Rescue Disk.
- Turn on the PC and press the appropriate key to enter the Boot Menu. For detailed instructions, refer to your PC vendor's documentation.
- When the Boot Menu appears, select your inserted USB or CD.
- When prompted, press any key to start Rescue Disk.
- When the Rescue Disk dialog appears, select a location to scan, then click Start scan.
- In the results screen which appears, click Fix automatically to delete any detected malicious files from your PC.
Note: If you want to review and select which files Rescue Disk deletes, click Do it manually.
- Click Quit and restart computer to exit Rescue Disk.