Shields provide real-time protection in your version of Avast. The following Shields are included in Mac Free Antivirus:
- File System Shield - Scans all files and programs for safety before they are allowed to open or run. Threatening files are moved to the Virus Chest.
- Mail Shield - Checks incoming and outgoing email messages for viruses and links to malicious websites. This feature only works with email programs installed on your computer.
- Web Shield - Protects your system from threats while browsing the web. Also prevents malicious scripts from running, even when you are offline.
The following Shield customizations are possible:
- Click Account, Shields and the Shield you want to configure to customize the settings
- Click Account, Shields and On/Off to disable a shield
Note: the computer administrator password is required to disable shields
Learn more about how Avast Mac Security protects your computer.