Scans enable you to check your computer for viruses, malware and Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs). The scans report all threats when complete.
Avast Mac Security has three scan options:
- Full System Scan: scans your entire computer for threats with the following options:
- Report PUPs automatically
- Scan whole files
- Scan removable and network connected drives
- Scan Time Machine Backups
- Removable Volumes Scan: enables you to scan removable storage drives connected to your system.
- Custom scan: allows you to specify the files and folders to scan in the Settings.
Learn more about how Avast Mac Security protects your computer.