Manage these settings at:
Settings ▸ Active Protection
Real-time protection features which are installed in your edition of Avast are listed. Click On/Off next to any shield to enable or disable it. Click Customize next to any security feature to change its properties.
- File System Shield - Scans all files and programs for safety before they are allowed to open or run.
- Mail Shield - Checks incoming and outgoing email messages for viruses and links to malicious websites. This only applies to messages handled by mail management software installed on your computer, such as MS Outlook.
- Web Shield - Protects your system from threats while browsing the web. Also prevents malicious scripts from running, even when you are offline.
- Secure DNS - Securely translates URLs to the proper IP address for the correct website to prevent hidden malware from misdirecting URLS to inauthentic sites. More...
- Antispam - Filters your incoming messages for junk and 'phishing' scams.
- Firewall - Monitors all local communication on your computer, and external communication with other networks. Protects you from unauthorized intrusions and hacker attacks.